Our lifestyle and the available food options nowadays add to the extra calories that we put on. It seems like we are in the race against time trying to match up to the current day pressure and routines. Most often we tend to ignore to pay attention towards staying fit and healthy. Obesity is the most common side effect of this ignorance, if ignored for long, it leads to other related health problems like blood pressure, diabetes and so on.
Simple tricks to lose more weight
- Quit small habits that are clinging on without your knowledge like adding more sugar to your cups of tea or coffee during the day. The best option would be cut down on white sugar completely.
- Have smaller meals at regular intervals rather than heavy meals. This will show results over a period of time.
- Opt to climb stairs instead of using an elevator and walking instead of using a vehicle to reach short distances.
- Hydrate yourself during the day. Opt for vegetable and fruit juices that will give you essential nutrients along with hydrating your body. Drink at least three liters of water during the day.
- Munch on fruits before meals or to snack on in the evenings. Avoid eating fruits after meals as sucrose level increases.
- Have early dinner so that you stay active for two hours after dinner as sleeping soon after dinner is unhealthy.
- If your workplace is close by, plan to commute using a bicycle.
- Avoid eating junk food frequently as this will add calories that accumulate over time. Snack on oats or less oily food stuff to avoid the cheese and mayo-laden dishes.
- Switch to brown bread or whole grain bread instead of white bread as it is more healthy.
- You can make your meals with millets, brown or red rice instead of white rice which adds to the carbs.
- Get a good amount of sleep during nights as you actually burn fat while asleep. Lack of eight hours of sleep a day will pose health problems in the long run.
- Add more protein rich food to your diet like almonds, fish and eggs as protein affects several hormones that control hunger and fullness, it actually burns fat automatically.
- Say no to aerated and sugary drinks, canned food and ready to eat food options that are loaded with preservatives.
- Add fiber to your diet like oats and sprouts that will increase fullness with less food intake.
- Make your meals wholesome with vegetables and greens that will give you a daily dose of iron and other minerals.
- While eating, chew your bites thoroughly and then swallow. Avoid eating in a hurry and in front of electronic distractions like television or phones.
- Make varieties of salads and have them as a part of meals as they add to the fullness and are a healthier option.
- Reduce the quantity of cooking oil and see what works best for you like olive oil or rice bran oil.
- Move around often and sit in the right posture while at work.