What is Zumba?
Zumba is a new age fitness regime to get into shape in a fun way through a style of dance.
Origin of this fitness routine
Zumba is a dance-fitness style, created by Colombian choreographer Albert Beto Perez in the 1990s. It involves many dance forms like samba, merengue, salsa, reggaeton & mambo. Zumba inculcates Latin based music for dance moves that is a blend of different forms of dance styles packed into one session of Zumba workout.
It is a continuous workout session that is non-stop and vigorous. It is different from aerobics in terms of being more fun and engaging as it involves shedding calories and toning body with dance moves. Zumba trainers all over the world can get certified and become a part of ZIN – Zumba Instructor Network. ZIN members get access to Zumba merchandise on their website.
They are constantly updated about the Zumba workshops that are happening around the city and all over the world. ZIN members also get regular updates on new music to take Zumba sessions along with demo videos. There are options to upgrade by training to achieve advanced certifications that start from the basic level.
Zumba is more popular among women all over the world due to grooving dance moves to international beats that inspire from salsa and mambo dance moves. Many gyms are also adopting Zumba classes in their aerobics room facility. There are representatives from ZIN who are entitled to take Zumba workshops to spread the word about it. There are many popular songs that are remixed to adapt to Zumba sessions.
Advantages of Zumba
- Zumba is effective not only in shedding excess fat but also helps in boosting your confidence, improve your attitude and help you to be happy.
- At the end of a Zumba session, you are energized to a great extent, you sweat it out and that will give a sense of exhilaration and satisfaction about your workout regime.
- Zumba has proven to improve aerobic capacity which is a measure of cardiovascular fitness.
- It also improves blood pressure, burns calories and builds endurance.
- Zumba is a full body workout, not focusing on particular areas of the body.
- Zumba also increases your social activity as you meet new people and engage in a group activity with them.
- Your social circle increases and you tend to be happier, moreover, you are more motivated to stay regular to attend the classes.
- Another advantage of Zumba is that there is no right or wrong when you are involving in a Zumba session. It is meant for all, irrespective of age and gender.
- You can adopt any intensity level based on your stamina and capacity and slowly increase the force and intensity as your body gets accustomed to the sessions.
With the evolution in the current day scenario, there are variations to Zumba like Aqua Zumba, Strong by Zumba and much more. Zumba has also become a rage in corporate settings and the current trend is to host Zumba flash mobs to spread fun and happiness amongst the crowd.