New Beginnings Baltimore believes in total wellness. With that in mind, we promote detoxing your body, your home and the environment. We hope to make that task easy and affordable for everyone, so we have access to over 500 wellness products for our clients. These products include superior all natural whole food supplements; a great line of organic coffees & natural snack foods; numerous green bath & body items; wonderful natural skin care & cosmetics; organic essential oils; and a full line of 100% green cleaning & laundry products. Please contact our office to learn more about our recommendations or fill out the contact form below. We would be happy to help you save time & money shopping for healthier consumable goods!
Do we really need to take vitamin and mineral supplements?
Here are the facts. You decide.
The nutrients our bodies need are classified into two groups, micronutrients and macro nutrients. Micro-nutrients include proteins, fats, carbohydrates and water. Micronutrients include vitamins and minerals. Micronutrients are actually compounds needed in very small amounts to support cellular function and growth. They regulate many of the body’s chemical processes. Those processes include important things such as :
- Nerve function
- DNA synthesis
- Bone formation
- Fluid balance
- Electrolyte balance
- Blood clotting
- Cell oxygenation
- Fetal formation
- REM sleep
While we only need small amounts of these micro nutrients they are vital to our long-term health. In fact, we may feel fine much of the time when we have low supplies of essential vitamins and minerals, but over a long period of time the body cannot properly substitute for their absence and disease will most definitely set in. Many of these micro-nutrients are referred to as essential nutrients, which by definition, means our bodies cannot produce them. They must come from an outside source such as fruits and vegetables.
For generations mankind could find all of the macro and micro-nutrients needed in the foods they ate. However over the past 100 years the western diet has been dramatically altered through engineering the physiology of livestock, changes in farming, depletion of nutrients in our soil and the introduction of processed foods. Today we find ourselves surrounded by inferior, even harmful, protein sources; fruits and vegetables with depleted nutrient supply and an unhealthy abundance of tempting, high calorie, low- nutrition foods. Diabetes, obesity and heart disease are just a few of the diseases we are faced with from poor nutrition. To add to our problems from an altered food supply, the 2009 CDC report stated that only 14% of American adults and 9.5% of us teens eat the recommended amounts of fruits and vegetables; and the American Diabetes Association suggests that more than 25 million children and adults in this country have diabetes, which is brought on by a high sugar diet. The modern diet is simply unable to supply the nutrition we need to live a long and healthy life. With that in mind, we believe everyone should consider taking supplements, but take the time to learn which supplements you need and which supplements and both safe and effective!
Here are a few suggestions:
- Meet with a nutritionist or health coach to determine what your individual body needs. Everyone is different!
- Choose a supplement made from whole foods. Never take synthetic vitamins.
- Always take a vitamin with a strong cell delivery system. Many supplements deliver little to no nutrition as a result of a poor delivery system.
- Always make sure your supplements such as omega 3s have been properly purified to prevent issues such as mercury poisoning.
- Contact New Beginnings Baltimore. We would love to answer all of your questions and help you find the right supplements!
Why go green?
Our world today is filled with chemicals. We find them in the foods we eat, the water we drink, medications we take, and in every bath and body or cleaning product we use in our homes. We have inundated ourselves with substances foreign to the human body. Unfortunately many of these chemicals are stored by the body in our fat cells and it’s quite difficult for our body to process them. Research shows these stored chemicals can lead to diseases such as asthma, respiratory disease, fibro-myalgia, autism, learning disabilities and numerous forms of cancer, but did you know they can also lead to liver disease and obesity?
When chemicals enter the body, they are filtered through the liver where they are deposited in our fat cells. Once in the fat cell they lock the fat in, making it very hard to shed unwanted pounds. That fat surrounds our organs and even builds up in the liver causing a fatty liver, unhealthy organs, illness and obesity. In addition, many of these unhealthy chemicals enter our environment and destroy the world around us! So common sense would tell us that we need to detoxify our body, remembering that we take in chemicals from the air we breathe, the products we put on our skin and the products we ingest.
Here are a few suggestions to help you go green:
- Contact New Beginnings Baltimore to learn about the 500 different green products they can introduce you to at wholesale pricing.
- Start to read labels and take the time to understand what products are really green. Many companies claim their cleaning products are green but they are not! Laws on what is considered green are very lax, so buyer beware.
- Go to checknet.org to see what chemicals are most harmful to children
- Go to the American Cancer Prevention Coalition to learn about the most dangerous products in the marketplace today and get them out of your home!
- Read what the American Lung Association has to say about the chemicals we use every day.
- Contact us to learn more!